The Henry Moore Foundation at Perry Green in Hertfordshire hosts work of Henry Moore (1898 – 1986), one of the most important English artists, known mostly for his semiabstract bronze sculptures. Hugh Broughton Architects’ task included the repurposing of the Elmwood House, situated close to the artist’s home and where he lived the last years of his life, as well as an extension of the Dane Tree House, to provide the foundation with new space to accommodate the over 35.000 visitors that come here every year. Elmwood House has been requalified to allow a controlled ambient to host the archives and to provide office space as well as a reading room, while Dane Tree House with its extension hosts the exhibition and includes a reception area, meeting rooms and a café for visitors. Capoferri supplied bespoke windows and large pivoting window-doors made from quarter sawn red oak that was stained to match the external façade cladding of the building.
Sign up for our newsletter to stay updated on the world of Capoferri